Fri 28 April 7.45pm Studio
Dynamic rock/blues band Red Butler is fast making a name for itself across Britain and Europe. Audiences instantly tap into the fire and passion generated by the young band from Brighton.
Influences include SRV, Free, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters, Gary Clarke Jnr. and artists such as Royal Blood and Vintage Trouble. Touring with the Laurence Jones Band, Billy Walton Band and Danny Bryant added enormously to the band experience. Their solo tours have helped them hone their craft and delight audiences across the country. The coming year will provide the opportunity to develop the full potential of Red Butler.
The power and sensitivity of their music has seen Red Butler win national awards. Successes include:
* Alex – runner up in Young Artist category – British Blues Awards 2016.
* Band – third place in Best Blues Band category – British Blues Awards 2016.
* Representing the UK at the European Blues Challenge in Italy 2016.
* Winners of the UK Blues Challenge 2015.
* Runners-up in the British Blues Awards 2015 (Alex, Young Artist and Band, Emerging Artist).
* ‘Best New UK Act’ 2014 – Blues Matters Magazine
Alex Butler established the band in 2012 and for a long time the line up comprised Alex (lead guitar and backing vocals), Jane Pearce (lead vocals), Charlie Simpson (drums) and Mike Topp (bass and backing vocals). With the heavier sound of ‘Nothing To Lose’ Dan Spellman (guitar and backing vocals) joined the line-up. The end of 2016 saw the biggest change to date when Jane opted to leave the band to pursue her own career. Dan has stepped into the role of lead vocalist having performed with other bands and is already exciting audiences with his voice and stage presence. The search is on for another vocalist, which could give Red Butler the exciting possibility of twin vocalists.
Tickets: £15 (unreserved seating)
In association with Crawley Blues Club